Friday, December 30, 2011

Head Over Heels Friday: A Day of Local Home Decor & Junkin' Favorites

Happy Friday everybody!   

Today I am sharing a whole bunch of local shops that I am Head Over Heels for when it comes to home decor shopping & junkin' (DIY-er style)!  Just yesterday, we took my sister Holly and my brother-in-law Brian for a trip to all these stops since they are in town for the weekend.  This little 'shopping itinerary' will be great for anyone else out there looking for interesting & unique stores to visit in the Twin Cities!

We started off getting breakfast and coffee at Cupcake then went into Art & Architecture in St.Paul.
They have so many great antiques and architectural salvage items.  I think we spent the most time in this store looking through everything.

My sister and I were trying to figure out what that object (left photo) was. Turns out it was an old salon hair dryer, but I insisted it was a teleportation device so we had to take a nerdy photo with it :)  I also really wanted some of those vintage roller skates but decided it wasn't really necessary (nor was a broken ankle).
 We also stopped upstairs in Claire Steyaert's Antiques.  Her shop was beautiful and inspiring, however VERY pricey!
Our next stop was Bauer Brothers Salvage in North Minneapolis.  My sister knew I had blogged about this place a few times before and really wanted to check it out.  I think they were amazed at the size of the warehouse and just how much of everything they had. 
 
After we nearly got lost inside Bauer Brothers, we hopped over to Northeast Minneapolis to visit Architectural Antiques.  This store is always set up so beautifully!  Alex and I had our eye on the table and chairs below.  They were from the late 1800's and looked so beautifully authentic. 
One other stop in Northeast was Antiquified Antiques.  I ended up getting two cute little cameo pins that I hope to add to a necklace.
Lastly, we made a visit to Bachman's on Lyndale.  I hope that someday my sister visits again when they are having one of their Idea Houses, but it was still fun to show her the store.
I fell in love with that hardcover book turned candle holder, vintage yardsticks turned wall shelves, numbered stools, and the "Key To My Heart/ Success". Perhaps a few craft project ideas?!?

Phew!  I feel as pooped as I did yesterday now!  Are you Head Over Heels for these local shops too?

If you make a visit to the Twin Cities I hope you get to visit a favorite too!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I would love to go through these wonderful shops. Love the cute little tags with keys. Might have to file that idea away for future projects.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?