Friday, August 31, 2012

August Head Over Heels Friday #5: "DIY-Ikea" Creations

Well we've made it to our final "DIY-Ikea" Creation for August's Friday theme! I thought I'd keep this one short and simple since I imagine most of you are out enjoying the holiday weekend (I know we are!). So this one is an oldie but a goodie!

We redid our Mini-Bathroom almost two years ago now and the main decor piece in that tiny space was perhaps our very first DIY-Ikea Creation. I took this Ung Drill photo frame from Ikea, removed the backing, glass and painted it gold...


Alex and I both thought it'd be the perfect accent in our goofy chalkboard wall bathroom- it looked old, ornate, and our friends could write anything strange that they wanted to inside the frame. Still totally fun right?!!


I believe Ikea now sells just the Ung Drill frame, no backing or glass since most people seem to use it without an actual photo inside the frame.

Although I still love that frame in our goofy mini chalkboard bathroom, I am kind of dying to change things up and make something like this with it....


It's pretty cool right? Since we are approaching fall and winter now I am really loving the idea, what do you think? What should we put in the mini chalkboard bathroom if we remove the frame?

Also, let me know if you have fun suggestions for next month's Head Over Heels Friday theme! I have a few but I'd love to know what you think :)


Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!


- Posted by Carla using BlogPress from my iPad!

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! You should go for it...as far as a theme, how about window shopping at a certain store, each week take a few pics of what you love and how you'd incorporate it in your home. I think it's so fun when I see what someone else would do with something @ Target or Homegoods. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, you are a genius! I think I am loving that idea, a reason to go window shopping all next month! I sense Hammers and High Fives coming your way :)

      Delete
  2. Wow so pretty! What paint brand and color did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I think I used Rustoleum's Heirloom Gold? It has been so long though! I just remember picking out a metallic gold tone, hope that helps!

      Delete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?