Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love Is In the Air... Lumberjack Style

In celebration of Valentine's Day Alex & I decided to have wedding #2.....

Okay, before my mom calls me I am TOTALLY KIDDING!!!!!! I'm not that crazy :)
But we did get to play bride and groom again for a styled wedding photoshoot.  Before I show you more pretty pictures, let's back up so I can explain...

First, here's our real wedding- in case you were only going to look at the pictures and assume Alex and I just got married or something.  We got hitched in 2009 back in Michigan, small & pretty simple wedding style but totally perfect!
 
Our wedding photos were taken by Genevieve McKeiver Photography; she's the best you will find in Michigan!
Before that though, we had to get some engagement pictures taken and couldn't think of anyone better than our friend Amber Engfer!  Here's some more of Alex & I circa 2009 (I thought Alex looked so young when I looked at this, crazy!).

Since then Amber continued to grow her photography business with more gorgeous engagement, wedding, family, and other photos.  Recently, Amber's photos were also published in the Knot Magazine!  She's an amazingly talented & creative photographer and loves doing it.

Amber had been thinking about doing a themed wedding photoshoot for a while and wanted to come up with a unique concept to showcase her work.  She asked if Alex and I wanted to help bring her concept to life and naturally I said yes (who wouldn't want to be in pretty pictures?).   I never thought she'd say it was a Lumberjack theme but knowing Amber it would be fabulous!   

Sure enough, every glammed-out Lumberjack detail she envisioned turned out perfectly. The photos sure do tell a wonderful wedding story! 

Paper Goods/Labels by Kayd Roy Design






Vintage Rentals by On Solid Ground Vintage Rentals


Cake by Oven Lovin Sweets


Thank you Amber for allowing Alex and I to play bride & groom together again, it was a blast (even though Alex's Blue Steel was far better than mine- "Am I smiling, or no I'm not smiling now, do I look like I'm smiling?").

Here's the full list that brought the Lumberjack look together, quite the talented bunch of ladies!
Photography: Amber Engfer Photography
Vintage Goods: On Solid Ground Vintage Rentals
Cake: Oven Lovin Sweets
Paper Goods/Labels: Kayd Roy Design

8 comments:

  1. What awesome pics and styling, you look so cute!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I will be sure to share your compliment with Amber too!

      Delete
  2. Wow what a unique theme! Y'all are great models!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey, but I think Alex is a great model, you should have seen all of my 'outtakes', I look like a deer in headlights :)

      Delete
  3. I ADORE the lumberjack wedding photo shoot!! I LOVE the alternative dress!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?