Thursday, April 17, 2014

Five Year Refresh Week #2: The Vestibule

Okay, I know I promised a room each day this week so I'm sorry I was unable to get room #2 in our Five Year Refresh Week posted yesterday, wa-wa!  I had a project that needed extra attention come up at work and needed to turn 100% of my focus that'd-a-way for a couple days.  I imagine you'll forgive me.... or perhaps it went unnoticed and I shouldn't be calling attention to it now?!  Ahem, anyway....

It's time for room #2 in our Five Year Refresh Week!  You may remember it's the room I refer to as the "vegetable" but now you can take a look at how we've refreshed the Vestibule since you had seen it last....

The look isn't too drastically different really if you look back...
... and I supposed it is because we've learned and experienced that you can't really fill that small entryway space with much, especially if you intend to use it for coats and shoes :) fills up fast!

The ONE thing we have added is this new Smith and Hawken Woven Wall Organizer with Chalkboard Labels $24.99...
It's genius right!?!  Such an easy way to add wall storage and the look fits in well with any space or decor really.  All the mail we get through that old front door and it's old fashioned mail slot can store in that top cubby and all the doggie stuff (poo baggies, collars, etc.) goes in the bottom.  It's perfect and easy!  Fit right on the hooks we already had in the vestibule too!

Like I said, aside from that addition all else is the same but I have to share a MUCH prettier photo of the vintage light fixture we found at a local architectural salvage shop since I thought the photos in the older post didn't do it justice!
Ugh, that warm copper metal and one-of-a-kind find look still gets me :) 

What do you think of the new wall storage addition?
How about the closer look at our salvaged light fixture?

Promise to be back tomorrow with room #3!!!  Not anticipating any urgent work projects... I hope!  That'd be crummy for a Friday :)  See you tomorrow!

********************

- If you missed Five Year Refresh Room #1 click here to check out the new look of our Living Room -

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?